Guide: 9 Social Security Facts
Estimated time: 15 minutes
Social Security, an essential part of your family’s retirement preparation, and something that should be a financial no-brainer, has become extremely complex. This self-paced guide is rich in detail and focuses on nine critical things to think about when incorporating social security into your retirement plan.
It provides you with:
- How to calculate how much you will receive
- When to file so that you maximize your benefits
- Answers to pressing social security questions every retiree should know
Online Social Security Tutorial
Estimated time: 30 minutes per tutorial
If you enjoy learning in a classroom style setting, then our online social security tutorial is perfect for you. Our instructor will walk you through 5 short videos and outline the key steps you should take when factoring your social security payments into your retirement plan.
The tutorial will help you answer things like:
- When should I file?
- How to calculate how much you will receive?
- How does social security impact taxes?
- What happens if you get divorced or your spouse dies?
Social Security Workshops
Estimated time: 75 minutes
Our highly rated 75 minute social security workshops will teach you the most important things to consider as you near retirement. Learn first hand from a financial advisor how to factor in social security into your retirement plan.
Included in all workshops:
- Advice and insight into topics like retirement income, taxes, social security and estate planning
- Real examples and case studies from people who have retired well
- Live Q&A to address any questions you may have
Estimated time: 50 minutes per podcast
For more than 20 years, Money Matters, our weekly call-in talk radio program, has fielded thousands of questions from callers just like you; people who care about their financial health, and who need answers today. Get answers to critical retirement questions by listening at your convenience.
Popular podcasts featuring social security:
Get a Personalized Retirement Assessment
Estimated time: 60 minutes
Think you’re ready for retirement? Let’s find out! Discuss your unique situation and partner with a credentialed financial advisor to create a retirement plan that will help you achieve your goals.
- 60 minutes dedicated to listening, educating, and planning
- Unbiased, professional advice from a fiduciary advisor
- Covers critical retirement topics such as income planning, health care, taxes, and social security
Articles About Social Security
Social Security has become one of the most confusing and complex parts of retirement. To find your sweet spot, you need to know [...]
How the Threat of Insolvency Could Impact Your Retirement Plan If you haven’t retired, and you’re counting on a specific amount of Social Security i [...]
If you’re approaching age 62 and wonder about the “right” time to start collecting Social Security, you’re probably not alone. And in my experience, there are a whopping [...]
Are you going to take Social Security? Social Security is a big part of retirement for most Americans. But before you apply for it, you should ask yo [...]