Money Matters: October 7, 2017
- A son asks about his widowed mom’s Social Security benefits. 3:00
- A caller with very few resources wants to buy a new home. 11:45
- What is the “remainder” after the “exclusion” of a personal home? 18:20
- An investor with huge capital gains asks about tax deferments. 28:08
- Hall of Famer Terrell Davis discusses the challenges of retirement 39:14
Born in 1972 in San Diego, California, and one of eight children, Mr. Davis’ path has been one of hard work, determination, and a history of overcoming insurmountable odds. Selected by the Denver Broncos in the 6th round of the 1995 NFL draft, Mr. Davis entered his first professional training camp as the 6th string tailback and a longshot to make the team. Yet within just his first three NFL seasons, he would be named MVP of not only the Super Bowl, but of the entire National Football League. Highly respected by former teammates, business associates, fans, and the numerous charity organizations he devotes his time and energy to, Hanson McClain is proud to have newly inducted Hall of Famer Terrell Davis as the keynote speaker for 2017’s Conquering the New Retirement.