Money Matters November 4 2017
- Should I switch from an interest only to a fixed home loan? 2:03
- When is the best time to take my Social Security benefits? 10:02
- What investors need to know about buying mutual funds. 22:40
- Should I invest in an initial bitcoin offering? 32:18
- How much long-term care insurance do I need? 42:42
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss a financial scam that would make Charles Ponzi proud, what investors need to watch out for when buying mutual funds that contain bonds and have high yields, when to take social security, and whether or not continuing an interest only home loan is a good idea.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man who is recently divorced and wants to know if he should continue his interest only home mortgage and max out his defined benefit plan or reduce his contributions and go with a 30-year fixed mortgage. A caller wants to know when he should take his social security benefits. A caller who is considering investing in initial coin offerings. Lastly, a caller wants to know how much long-term care insurance he needs for him and his wife.