Money Matters: November 18, 2017
- How much money should we have in an emergency reserve? 3:40
- I am 83, how I am doing financially? 11:08
- Should my son take out a student loan or should I take it out? 16:12
- Why your home should never be your bank. 22:12
- Amazon’s current pricing strategy. 34:37
- What should I do with stock I inherited that's all in one company? 41:26
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss Amazon’s current pricing strategy, what to do with inherited stock, and how to protect yourself from a market pull back.
Scott and Pat take a call from a couple who wants to know how much money they should have in an emergency fund. An 83-year-old caller who wants to affirm that he is in good shape financially and determine if the $300,000 he has the bank should be invested elsewhere. A caller wants to know if his son should take out a student loan for medical school or if he should take out a home equity line of credit to pay for his sons schooling. Lastly, a caller inherited common stock all in one company and is unsure of whether to hold onto the stock or sell it.