Money Matters: November 10, 2018
- What should I do with my pension? 4:47
- Should I use my 403(b) to pay down my mortgage? 17:00
- I would like to retire at age 50, should I pay off my home? 27:08
- What should I do with a life insurance policy payout? 38:50
- Timber as an investment 48:38
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about the problem with timber as an investment and the importance of diversification.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man who wants to know if he should take his pension as a lump sum or as a monthly annuity. A caller has a mortgage of $500,000 and wants to know if she should use her 403(b) to pay it down. A 50-year-old police officer would like to retire and wants to know if he should use his retirement savings to pay off his mortgage. A caller lost his wife and needs advice on what to do with the proceeds from a life insurance policy.