Money Matters: March 9, 2019
- How will RMDs affect my Social Security? 4:21
- What should I do with divorce settlement money? 9:16
- Is this the time to adjust my 401(k)? 20:35
- Potential changes to Social Security 26:33
- What are the taxes on this trust? 29:30
- Protect your kids in your trust. 40:25
- How should I invest money from my home sale? 42:16
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss their beliefs about the future of Social Security, and who may feel benefit cuts.
Scott and Pat talk to a woman in Rancho Cordova who is expecting a divorce settlement and asks what she should do with the money. A man with $800,000 saved is considering using his money to pay down his mortgage. A caller in Indiana is concerned about how his wife will get taxed on an inheritance. A woman with $1.4 million worth of properties wants to sell a house and open an RV park.