Money Matters: March 3, 2018
- What are the IRS’s new rules about property taxes? 2:42
- Should I take the joint and survivor annuity pension? 11:13
- I inherited an IRA. What should I do? 28:53
- How should I pay the taxes on a Roth conversion? 40:10
- When should we withdrawal money from our IRA? 46:41
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat take several calls and talk about the importance of getting the proper retirement advice.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man who pre-paid his property taxes for 2017 and wants to know if that was the right choice and if there have been any changes to the new tax law that would keep him from claiming those property taxes. A caller wants to know if he should take the joint and survivor annuity pension option that his company is offering. A woman who inherited an IRA from her mother wants to know what she should do with the IRA and how soon she needs to make a decision. A caller who recently made a Roth conversion before the age of 59½ wants to know if there is anything he can do to mitigate the tax consequences and how he should go about paying the taxes in the future. Lastly, a couple disagrees on when to take distributions from their IRA, and want Scott and Pat’s opinion to be the deciding factor.