Money Matters: March 2, 2019
- Student loans may be the next bailout. 1:32
- Do I need a will or an estate plan? 2:59
- When should I use a Roth IRA? 12:00
- Scott and Pat’s early days. 20:50
- Retirement has changed over generations. 26:50
- Should I take a monthly pension or a lump sum? 30:01
- Besides a 401(k), where should I save? 40:15
- Does my Social Security strategy make sense? 47:34
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about the student loan crisis, and an insurance convention that inspired them to take a different career path.
Scott and Pat talk to a woman with $2 million who wants to know the best way to leave money for her kids. A man in California asks if he should transition to a Roth. A nurse was laid off and asks how she should take her pension. A high-earning couple in their 50s wants to save in places other than a 401(k). A California caller asks if his wife can take a reduced Social Security benefit and then a $1,100 monthly spousal benefit.