Money Matters: March 11, 2017
- Caller: Sell rental property or keep it for retirement? 03:32
- Caller: Pay off mortgage or refinance? 15:40
- How to invest a lump sum of cash in today's market? 25:53
- Caller: Continue saving for retirement or pay off mortgage? 32:18
- Guest: Paula Span speaks about aging and caregiving. 38:28
Paula Span, a veteran journalist, has written the New Old Age, a column on aging and caregiving for the New York Times, since 2009. It appears on the New York Times website and in the print Science Times section. Her book, “When the Time Comes: Families With Aging Parents Share Their Struggles and solutions,” was published in 2009.
A former staff writer for the Washington Post and a freelance contributor to many magazines and newspapers, she has helped train the next generation of journalists at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism since 1999. She gives talks about aging and caregiving to groups nationwide.