Money Matters: January 27, 2018
- How can older workers can get back into the workforce? 04:08
- I am recently retired, should I pay off my mortgage? 09:17
- Should my mom invest her annuity money in the stock market? 17:41
- Given the new tax laws should I adjust my withdrawal strategy? 30:30
- How can my wife put money away for retirement? 38:09
- I want to know when to annuitize my variable annuity. 46:42
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat take several calls including one from the son of a widowed mother who is trying to help his mom with her financial situation now that dad is gone, and a gentlemen who wants to know if he should change his withdrawal strategy from his IRA’s based upon the new tax law.
Scott and Pat take a call from a women who lives in Minnesota and wants to know if there are options for older workers who do not want to leave the workforce. A caller recently retired and wants to know if she should pay off her mortgage with her money market account. A caller is calling on behalf of his widowed mother and wants to know if they should invest the money from her annuity in the stock market. A man who has a large retirement savings wants to know if given the new tax laws he should adjust his retirement income withdrawal strategy. A caller’s wife is a nurse but doesn’t currently have a retirement plan provided by her employer and wants to know where she should save to lower their combined taxable income. Lastly, a women who owns an annuity but doesn’t need the money wants to know if she should annuitize her variable annuity now.