Money Matters: January 20, 2018
- I would like to retire in 8 years, and I want to know if it’s possible. 03:52
- Should my wife and I pay off our mortgages before retirement? 13:10
- Retirement debt and how to address it. 26:55
- Should my wife collect half my social security and wait on hers? 35:15
- Real Advice: Keith Johnson 39:05
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about retirement topics such as debt in retirement, affording to retire, and retiring and starting a new career.
Scott and Pat take a call from a women who wants to retire in 8 years and start a new career, and she wants to know if she can afford to do that. A caller wants to know if he and his wife should pay off or pay down their current mortgages. A couple wants to know if it makes sense to have the wife collect half of the husband’s social security and wait to collect hers. Lastly, Scott and Pat welcome Hanson McClain advisor Keith Johnson, who discusses a situation with a client who was a good saver and wanted to make sure his investments were on track but quickly found out he was invested in several illiquid expensive financial products.