Money Matters: February 23, 2019
- The problem with pot stocks. 2:15
- Should I buy long-term care insurance? 7:55
- How should my wife and I take Social Security? 14:45
- My son won’t save for retirement. What should I do? 26:51
- When is it time to hire a financial advisor? 37:12
- Can I retire by age 50? 41:45
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about why marijuana companies may not be a great investment opportunity, as well as the importance of a personalized Social Security strategy.
An Alabama caller with $1.2 million in savings is considering long-term care insurance. A man in Northern California asks when he and his wife should take Social Security. A woman in Nashville wants to help her son, who is refusing to save for retirement. A 45-year-old man asks if he actually needs an advisor. Finally, a caller saving $23,500 a year asks if he can retire by age 50.