Money Matters: February 17, 2018
- I had a large windfall, can I mitigate my Medicare premiums? 04:35
- What should we do with money my wife inherited? 13:35
- I inherited money, will it be taxed? 19:45
- What’s the maximum Windfall Elimination Provision reduction? 32:42
- Guest: Andrew Kroll, Estate Planning Attorney 40:00
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about estate planning with the new tax laws and the current state of the stock market.
Scott and Pat take a call from a caller who received a large windfall from his employer’s pension plans and wants to know how to mitigate the increase in his Medicare premiums. A caller wants to know what he and his wife should do with the money she inherited. A woman inherited money from her father and wants to know if the money will be taxed. A man calls on behalf of someone else and wants to know what the maximum Wind Fall Elimination program reduction would be for a teacher who wants to retire at 62. Lastly, Scott and Pat welcome Andrew Kroll, Estate Planning & Asset Protection Attorney at Kroll Law Offices, P.C.