Money Matters: February 16, 2019
- Don’t invest based on how you think the market will act. 1:14
- How should I save for my future in my 30s? 4:25
- Should I downsize my home? 15:30
- The trouble with rental properties. 22:45
- More advisors are leaving big banks. 26:32
- Should I surrender my universal life policy? 29:15
- Pay off my rental or my boat loan? 37:50
- How can I make better use of my Thrift Savings Plan? 45:50
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about the market’s recent upswing, and why your investing emotions and investing actions should be two separate things.
Scott and Pat talk to a man in his 30s who wants to improve his retirement savings. A caller has $44,000 cash in a universal life policy and asks if she should surrender the insurance. A California man has a $175,000 boat loan in addition to a big mortgage on a rental property. He wants to know what he should pay off first. Finally, a caller with $1.2 million in a Thrift Savings Plan asks if there's a better place for her money.