Money Matters: December 29, 2018
- What’s the tax-smart way to leave an inheritance? 4:19
- Can I save for retirement, return to school, and help my son? 9:42
- Paying for a one-time financial plan. 16:30
- How can I help my mother invest? 18:42
- Money moves to end 2018 and start 2019. 27:45
- The best way to build wealth is by investing in your skills. 29:04
- My deceased mother co-signed a student loan. 36:02
- Will my pension also take care of my husband? 41:45
Rounding out the year, this week’s Money Matters is a look back at more of the most memorable calls from 2018. Scott and Pat also talk about some money-moves that you can make to kick off 2019.
Scott and Pat take a call from an engineer who wants to leave money to his children. A woman in her 40s wants to save for retirement, help her son pay for college, and start a new career. A caller wants to help his elderly mother invest in the stock market. A mother is planning to change jobs and wants to help her son pay for college. A son got his now-deceased grandmother to co-sign a student loan, and the father is concerned about the estate. Finally, Scott and Pat advise a retiree who wants to ensure her pension will also help her husband.