Money Matters: December 22, 2018
- Using a donor-advised fund. 3:55
- Limits regarding giving and tax deductions. 9:15
- What’s the future of cryptocurrency and precious metals? 12:17
- Will Social Security disappear? 18:58
- Year-end money moves. 26:58
- Where should I go to college? 28:04
- Federal or private student loan? 31:40
- High-fee mutual funds. 37:20
- Can you move stock into an ETF? 47:00
- Saving for retirement and my kid’s college. 48:40
Celebrating the Holidays, this week’s Money Matters is a look back at some of the most memorable calls from 2018.
Scott and Pat talk to a charitably-inclined caller who wants to give stock to a non-profit. A man wants to know if it’s a good idea to “invest” in cryptocurrencies and precious metals. A retiree with an $80,000 yearly pension is concerned about Social Security’s future. One of the show’s youngest callers gets help deciding where to go to college. A man suspects his current advisor is not a real fiduciary after being put in high-fee mutual funds. Finally, Scott and Pat help a divorced veteran who wants to save for retirement and his daughter’s college education.