Money Matters: December 2, 2017
- Should my friend take a distribution from a 403B or an IRA? 5:02
- Creating a trust for mom, what’s the best way to go about it? 10:25
- Should we convert our Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA each year? 16:45
- Should I purchase single premium immediate annuities? 32:25
- Should I pay off my mortgage? 40:14
- Is life insurance worth purchasing? 45:45
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat take several calls, helping callers to determine what options are right for their retirement planning needs. And their response to one caller, in particular, may surprise you.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man who is helping a friend and wants to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of taking a distribution from a 403B versus an IRA. A caller is considering getting a joint title of property with her mother and wants to know if she will have to pay capital gains when her mother passes. Great savers want to know if they should covert some of their Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA each year. A caller wants to know if his plan to purchase multiple single premium immediate annuities makes sense. A husband and wife want to know if they should pay off their primary mortgage or hold onto the mortgage for a tax write off. Lastly, a caller wants to know if she needs life insurance or not.