Money Matters: December 15, 2018
- Should I ride my mortgage into retirement? 4:30
- What is the stock market going to do next? 11:50
- There is no education better than experience. 21:10
- If you’re wealthy, take Social Security early. 24:50
- A look back at cryptocurrency’s fall. 26:49
- Should I start contributing to a Roth 401(k)? 31:04
- Moving to the Bay Area is crazy expensive. 40:56
- Can CalPERS pay its promised benefits? 42:32
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat look back on the cryptocurrency boom and bust, and why the values of long-term investing are best learned through experience.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man in Denver who wants to know if he should take his mortgage into retirement. A woman in Colorado put $260,000 of her inheritance in expensive annuities and is worried about the stock market’s ups-and-downs. A man in the Bay Area considers renting his $1.5 million house through retirement. Finally, Scott and Pat take a call from state employee in Roseville who is concerned about the future of California’s state pension.