Money Matters: December 1, 2018
- Getting through the market’s ups-and-downs 2:35
- When should I sell my rental to pay off my mortgage? 9:15
- Can I afford to retire when I’m carrying debt? 19:10
- Diversifying for market cycles 28:52
- How much am I really paying my financial advisor? 33:00
- Financial advisors also evaluate potential clients 43:00
- Am I on track for a secure retirement? 45:41
On this week’s Hanson McClain’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about client reactions to the current market and the meaning of diversification.
Scott and Pat take a call from a man who wants to sell his rental property to pay off a mortgage. A 63-year old caller with $63,000 in debt learns he’s a long way from retirement. A woman wants to know exactly how much she’s paying her advisor. A 30-year-old making $105,000 a year asks if he’s on track for a secure and sustainable retirement.