Guide: 7 Simple Steps to Prepare for Retirement
Estimated time: 15 minutes
This self-paced digital guide is rich in detail and provides specific examples to help you understand the material. Read it online or download and read it at your convenience.
It provides you with:
- A roadmap to retirement planning
- Answers to pressing questions people have about retirement
- Examples and key considerations
Online Retirement Planning Tutorial
Estimated time: 30 minutes per tutorial
If you enjoy learning in a classroom style setting, then our online retirement planning tutorial is perfect for you. Our instructor will walk you through 7 short videos, each specifically addressing one of the critical decisions you need to consider when transitioning to retirement.
The tutorial will help you answer things like:
- When can I retire?
- How much money do I need?
- Do I have the right investments?
- What about taxes and my estate?
Retirement Planning Workshops
Estimated time: 75 minutes
Our highly rated 75 minute workshops will teach you the most important things to consider as you near retirement. Learn first hand from a financial advisor how to plan for retirement.
Included in all workshops:
- Advice and insight into topics like retirement income, taxes, social security and estate planning
- Real examples and case studies from people who have retired well
- Live Q&A to address any questions you may have
Estimated time: 50 minutes per podcast
For more than 20 years, Money Matters, our weekly call-in talk radio program, has fielded thousands of questions from callers just like you; people who care about their financial health, and who need answers today. Get answers to critical retirement questions by listening at your convenience.
Popular 2017 podcasts:
- Oct 28, 2017 – How to contribute up to $20,000 to a Roth IRA legally
- Aug 26, 2017 – Funding college with 529 plans
- July 15, 2017 – Unusual reasons it’s important to be financial prepared for retirement
- May 27, 2017 – Saving and Spending for a fulfilled life
- Jan 7, 2017 – Portfolio applications and paying off your mortgage
Get a Personalized Retirement Assessment
Estimated time: 60 minutes
Think you’re ready for retirement? Let’s find out! Discuss your unique situation and partner with a credentialed financial advisor to create a retirement plan that will help you achieve your goals.
- 60 minutes dedicated to listening, educating, and planning
- Unbiased, professional advice from a fiduciary advisor
- Covers critical retirement topics such as income planning, health care, taxes, and social security
Articles About Retirement Planning
You don’t have a 401(k)? About 55 million people are currently contributing to a 401(k). This adds up to over $5 trillion (which is 59% of all private retirement savings) that is earmarked to pay fo [...]
Q: You often hear that you should rebalance your portfolio. I’m 56 and recently inherited a substantial sum of money, but I’ve never invested before. This has to pay for my retirement! Will you plea [...]
Are you chasing dividends? I recently reviewed the investment allocation of someone whose broker had passed away. Almost all of the stocks she owned were in older, “name-brand” companies that paid a [...]
Reader's Question: My wife and I are both 63 and are going to retire in 14 months. Our biggest worry is healthcare. I used to think that Medicare paid everything. Boy was I wrong! Can you please giv [...]
Most of our clients can probably remember why and when they first called us. That’s because, even though we recommend you begin working with an advisor 3-5 years before you retire, there are some key [...]
What you need to know, what you should do. While the financial needs of modern retirees continue to evolve, probably no group faces more challenges than women. Here are two facts that make retiremen [...]